Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sandhill Cranes at Lake Margaret…


Every year Sandhill Cranes make their home at our RV resort in Florida. I captured this family on digital film while they were eating and drinking at Lake Margaret on Saturday afternoon. For more photos of the cranes, expand the post.







All six photos were taken with my Nikon D70 and a Nikon 70–300 VR zoom lens. I followed my usual workflow with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. I was disappointed in not being able to use the Nikon D90 I bought at New Years. Unfortunately, after using the camera for a few days it developed a problem with the LCD and I had to send it back to B&H Photo. This photo shows the malfunctioning LCD. Notice the vertical, gray band covering the image along the right side of the screen. With luck I'll get the replacement in about a week and I cannot wait. I really, really like the D90 and am looking forward to learning to use all its new features.

No comments:

Post a Comment