Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Butterflies tell the story…


If any of you have checked the blog since last Thursday, you will know that I have been neglectful. I had been trying to post photos every couple of days, but this week got away from me, so I needed to find a series of photos that would work together.



 I like concentrating on one subject when I am taking photos, and I am always pleased, after sorting and editing, when I see a story emerge. These photos were taken last spring at EPCOT's annual Flower & Garden Festival. There is always a butterfly tent and using my telephoto zoom lens I was able to get close to the action. I was shooting with the camera set to shutter priority at 1/160 of a second (with shutter priority you set the shutter speed and the camera adjusts the f-stop). All of these photos were taken at ISO 200. I think that if I get to the festival again this year I will use a higher ISO setting and a faster shutter speed.















No comments:

Post a Comment