Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Only in New York…

Here is a photo I just came across while getting ready for my upcoming art show (invitations to the opening will be going out soon). Last week Eddie and I spent a day wandering around in New York City, something we really enjoy doing. We stopped at Washington Square Park to listen to a jazz combo, and on our way out of the park we came upon a wedding party posing for a unique photo. A crowd had gathered around the group, and the wedding photographers were not the only ones taking pictures. It was truely a New York moment!




As we enjoyed the music of the jazz combo playing on the west side of the park, Eddie thought the trumpeter was the same one we heard on the east side of the same park on Memorial Day weekend. Sure enough, when I check my photos from last May, there was the same musician with a different backup group.

No comments:

Post a Comment