Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Baby Alex…


Sometimes photos are just so easy to take. Last week I had the chance to photograph the baby grandson of a good friend. Alex is eight months old and very photogenic. It was hard to choose a favorite among all the photos I took of him, but I think this close-up is the winner. More about the steps I took to "develop" the photo in the expanded post.


I began by importing photos into a program called Adobe Lightroom. In Lightroom I make adjustments to the white balance, exposure, color saturation and color luminance.

The photo on the left is the original image, the photo on the right has been corrected in Lightroom.


The photo was then opened in Adobe Photoshop and the exposure and color were "tweeked" using the Hue/Saturation, and Curves tools.

A layer mask was used to sharpen the hands and pacifier, while keeping the skin soft looking. The eyes were also sharpened to make them stand out.

Finally, I used the spot healing tool to eliminate a few tiny blemishes on the bridge of the nose and to soften the pronounced viens in the same area.

No comments:

Post a Comment