Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Art-in-the-Park Photos…



The photos in this post are a little different than usual. Art-in-the-Park was last Sunday in Northport, and I thought I would post some photos from the show. It was a brutally hot day and I was very thankful Eddie insisted that we buy a tent. I was lucky enough to have a spot near the water, which made it bearable. A few times the wind picked up, but not enough to damage the display.

I was showing (and selling) photographs printed on canvas, and gallery stretched so they can be hung without frames. I was happy with the results, and with the reception the work received. It would have been nice if more people attended the show, but for my first outdoor art show, it was a good venue.

More photos of the display in the expanded post.

My display would not have been possible without all the work Eddie did to put the display together. He did an excellent job—it looked good and held up in the wind.




My good friend Marie Baldwin was a big help before and during the show. She came down down to the park to help with the setup, and I put her to work figuring out what should hang where. She done good!
Most of the images were printed in a 10"x10" format, and several were hung as triptych groupings. This is one of my favorites.




I don't usually put snapshots in my photo blog, but I thought a shot of Eddie and Marie was definitely fitting. I don't know what I would have done without them!


No comments:

Post a Comment