Sunday, February 3, 2008

We just returned to our RV after four delightful days at Disney World in Orlando. We both really enjoy Disney, so this year we purchased Florida Resident Seasonal Passes so we can go whenever we want. From our RV resort to Disney World is about an hour and forty-five minute drive, and since it is almost all on rural roads, it is really an enjoyable drive.

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and enjoyed every minute of our stay. We celebrated my birthday at Disney, and Eddie really made it special.

I brought my digital SLR to take pictures at the Animal Kingdom. I haven't gotten to processing those photos yet, but I do have a panorama photo to share.

The Wilderness lodge is one of four resorts on the lake that borders the Magic Kingdom, and every night an electric light boat parade makes its way around the lake, stopping to put on a show at each resort. One by one the boats light up and the sea creatures dance, until all of the boats are lit, showing the full scene with Poseidon bringing up the rear. It is really delightful to see!



To create the panorama I took a series of photos and stitched them together in Photoshop. Usually, Photoshop will create a seamless panorama (or photomerge), but it didn't work, so I had to create it myself — which wasn't difficult with a black background. Click on the image to see a larger version.

No comments:

Post a Comment